IPB

Welcome to Insulin Pump Forums!

You are currently viewing this forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to many areas of the message board. By joining our free community you will become a part of a wonderful world filled with information and support for all pumpers, from people considering or just starting the pump to veterans who've been using them for years! And when you become a member, you can access all of the fantastic features available on this board, like: replying to posts and contributing your opinion in polls; uploading and viewing pictures and files; communicating with others via Private Messaging (PM); accessing the exclusive forums available only to members; contests and lots more!

Best of all, membership is free and joining takes only a few minutes! And as an added bonus, this introduction message will go away when you view the forums as a member! So c'mon, stop lurking and become a member of the friendliest pump support forum on the web!

Join the Insulin Pump Forums Today!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Insulin pumps and surgery
Arlene S.
post Dec 17 2010, 04:33 AM
Post #21

IPF Addict

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 553
My Pump: t:slim & Dexcom G4

QUOTE(Linda B @ Dec 16 2010, 03:26 PM)
Arlene,
I am so sorry to hear about your cancer, but so glad to hear that they removed it all and you do not need further treatment. It is amazing how far medical procedures have progressed in the recent years. It's hard to imagine that it is possible to have part of a kidney removed and be home 3 days later.

Good luck with your eye surgery. At least that is a much more common procedure than your kidney surgery was!

Linda B.

Hi Linda,

Thank you. The partial nephrectomy itself is relatively new (I don't know when they started do it). Many people were surprised that it could be done. In some cases they do it laparoscopically and even with robots (NYU). i didn't qualify for laparoscopic and my hospital doesn't have robots; I needed an open and even had a piece of rib removed. Even with all that I was in the hospital from Tuesday morning until Friday morning.

The ophthalmologist who does the cataract surgery (she is the only one in my doctor's practice who does the surgery) does all the cataracts on Wednesdays and on Thursdays she does the follow-ups in the office. I'm hoping to get early appointments.

Thanks again.

Arlene
Reason for edit: fixed the post so you know the first part is a quote

--------------------
Arlene S.
Forum Moderator

Type 1
Pumped with Minimed 1993-2014
MM CGMS 2006-2014
Dexcom G4, June 2014
t:slim, June 2014
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 02:44 PM