IPB

Welcome to Insulin Pump Forums!

You are currently viewing this forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to many areas of the message board. By joining our free community you will become a part of a wonderful world filled with information and support for all pumpers, from people considering or just starting the pump to veterans who've been using them for years! And when you become a member, you can access all of the fantastic features available on this board, like: replying to posts and contributing your opinion in polls; uploading and viewing pictures and files; communicating with others via Private Messaging (PM); accessing the exclusive forums available only to members; contests and lots more!

Best of all, membership is free and joining takes only a few minutes! And as an added bonus, this introduction message will go away when you view the forums as a member! So c'mon, stop lurking and become a member of the friendliest pump support forum on the web!

Join the Insulin Pump Forums Today!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> sensor, problems
joannmac
post Feb 8 2010, 03:26 PM
Post #1

IPF Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,298
My Pump: MINI MED

[size="5"][/size]

Hi I have been using my senor since Oct/2008 .... I have had one transmitter replaced, now Iam having problem with pump not recognizing sensor. I have recharged sensor.....over and over, I have replaced battery 3 times to make sure it wasn't the charger. I have 2 chargers. Not sure what the problem is but I have wasted 4 sensors. Anyone else having problems ?????
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Linda B
post Feb 8 2010, 04:08 PM
Post #2

IPF Addict

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 30
My Pump: MM 530g with CGMS

Have you used the test plug to see if your transmitter is OK? That would be the first step. If you don't know how, you should call the MM hotline and have them walk you through it. Since you have tried it with multiple sensors, it sounds to me like your transmitter has died as opposed to a bad connection between the transmitter and the sensor.

The test plug will confirm if that's the case.

Linda B.

--------------------
Linda
Forum Moderator
Pumping with Minimed since 1995
Paradigm 530g w/ CGMS

+Quote Post
joannmac
post Feb 10 2010, 11:13 PM
Post #3

IPF Rookie

QUOTE(Linda B @ Feb 8 2010, 12:08 PM) *
Have you used the test plug to see if your transmitter is OK? That would be the first step. If you don't know how, you should call the MM hotline and have them walk you through it. Since you have tried it with multiple sensors, it sounds to me like your transmitter has died as opposed to a bad connection between the transmitter and the sensor.

The test plug will confirm if that's the case.

Linda B.

Hi I called medtronic and they told me they would send me transmitter and charger, and would replace the senors I ruined.
Well I received new transmitter and charger but no senors. I quess I shouldn't complain. Since I started wearing senor, I wear one all the time . love it and now dependant on it. this is my second replacement so Iam assuming they only have a years worth the wear. well not even a year 7 months each time.

+Quote Post
GA Hiker
post Feb 11 2010, 12:19 AM
Post #4

IPF Addict

Member No.: 844
My Pump: MM 530G / Enlite

QUOTE(joannmac @ Feb 10 2010, 06:13 PM) *
Hi I called medtronic and they told me they would send me transmitter and charger, and would replace the senors I ruined.
Well I received new transmitter and charger but no senors. I quess I shouldn't complain. Since I started wearing senor, I wear one all the time . love it and now dependant on it. this is my second replacement so Iam assuming they only have a years worth the wear. well not even a year 7 months each time.

Are you saying that Medtronic replaced the transmitter and charger even though it was out of warranty (6 months)?
Barbara

+Quote Post
JohnG
post Feb 11 2010, 12:20 AM
Post #5

IPF Addict

Member No.: 1,726
My Pump: Paradigm 723/CGMS

QUOTE(joannmac @ Feb 8 2010, 09:26 AM) *
[size="5"][/size]

Hi I have been using my senor since Oct/2008 .... I have had one transmitter replaced, now Iam having problem with pump not recognizing sensor. I have recharged sensor.....over and over, I have replaced battery 3 times to make sure it wasn't the charger. I have 2 chargers. Not sure what the problem is but I have wasted 4 sensors. Anyone else having problems ?????

Look in the utilities menu for alarm history and see if you have a code 64, last year my pump had a communication failure. Are you having
any trouble uploading your pump. When my pump first started doing this it was intermittent and I thought there was something wrong with my
sensor or transmitter but after about a week it would not up load so I called tech support and they replaced my pump. (This fixed my CGM problems)

Also do a self test and see if you get a code of any kind.

JohnG

This post has been edited by JohnG: Feb 11 2010, 12:22 AM

--------------------
John
T1-LADA 1988
Paradigm-530G/CGMS

+Quote Post
joannmac
post Feb 11 2010, 12:46 AM
Post #6

IPF Rookie

QUOTE(GA Hiker @ Feb 10 2010, 08:19 PM) *
Are you saying that Medtronic replaced the transmitter and charger even though it was out of warranty (6 months)?
Barbara

Yes the first transitter and charger was over a year old but I wasn't hooked up right away , even though it was bascially over the warranty, they replaced it beause I had only been using it 7 months. They said If I purchased 2 boxes of senors they would send me it free of charge. I told them I purchase 10 sensors a month and that would have to do, I sent copies from my pharmacy and they sent me the the new transmitter and charger. I had to send the old one back.

This time there wasn't a question about warranty etc..... they just said they would send me a new charger and see if that would fix the problem, but today the transmitter and charger came.

+Quote Post
joannmac
post Feb 11 2010, 12:53 AM
Post #7

IPF Rookie

QUOTE(JohnG @ Feb 10 2010, 08:20 PM) *
Look in the utilities menu for alarm history and see if you have a code 64, last year my pump had a communication failure. Are you having
any trouble uploading your pump. When my pump first started doing this it was intermittent and I thought there was something wrong with my
sensor or transmitter but after about a week it would not up load so I called tech support and they replaced my pump. (This fixed my CGM problems)

Also do a self test and see if you get a code of any kind.

JohnG

I haven't did a upload recently my comp was out of service for awhile , but I will try one tomorrow, checked for codes 64 ..none, did a self test and it was fine ,but I will look into it tomorrow. thx for the tips Joann

+Quote Post
joannmac
post Feb 12 2010, 10:53 PM
Post #8

IPF Rookie

QUOTE(joannmac @ Feb 8 2010, 11:26 AM) *
[size="5"][/size]

Second parcel arrived today, 4 new sensors........new Transmitter and charger working great !!!!!

+Quote Post
JohnG
post Feb 12 2010, 11:29 PM
Post #9

IPF Addict

QUOTE(joannmac @ Feb 12 2010, 04:53 PM) *
Second parcel arrived today, 4 new sensors........new Transmitter and charger working great !!!!!

When you did a test on your old transmitter with the blue test plug was it within range?

JohnG

--------------------
John
T1-LADA 1988
Paradigm-530G/CGMS

+Quote Post
joannmac
post Feb 13 2010, 11:44 AM
Post #10

IPF Rookie

QUOTE(JohnG @ Feb 12 2010, 07:29 PM) *
When you did a test on your old transmitter with the blue test plug was it within range?

JohnG

Yes I did, before I change the transmitter code I tried the old transmitter with the blue plug and there was nothing .

I wonder what is the average age that theses transmitters last. ?? for the price of them they should last more than 6-7 months.

+Quote Post
gigem99
post Feb 13 2010, 12:06 PM
Post #11

Diabetical Pundit

Member No.: 857
My Pump: mm 522

QUOTE(joannmac @ Feb 13 2010, 06:44 AM) *
I wonder what is the average age that theses transmitters last. ?? for the price of them they should last more than 6-7 months.

From what I've read here and elsewhere - and confirmed by MM - the average age of a transmitter is about 18-20 months. I agree that 6-7 months is not normal.

I've had mine for just over 2 years (almost 27 months), and I am very pleased it is still working great.

Tom

--------------------
Tom
Forum moderator
LADA - dx'd 1985 at age 31 - treated as type 2
Insulin therapy in 1987
mm 522 since Aug. 2007, cgms since Nov. 2007

+Quote Post
JohnG
post Feb 13 2010, 03:42 PM
Post #12

IPF Addict

QUOTE(joannmac @ Feb 13 2010, 05:44 AM) *
Yes I did, before I change the transmitter code I tried the old transmitter with the blue plug and there was nothing .

I have two working transmitters one is 19 months old and the other one is less than a month old.
There is no difference between the two they both operate the same as fare as I can tell. The only
reason I recived a new one was to see how my new insurance company was going to react to a CGM
request.

JohnG

--------------------
John
T1-LADA 1988
Paradigm-530G/CGMS

+Quote Post
joannmac
post Feb 13 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #13

IPF Rookie

QUOTE(JohnG @ Feb 13 2010, 11:42 AM) *
I have two working transmitters one is 19 months old and the other one is less than a month old.
There is no difference between the two they both operate the same as fare as I can tell. The only
reason I recived a new one was to see how my new insurance company was going to react to a CGM
request.

JohnG

Hi John, so you have two transmitters, do you switch back and forth with them? if you do you , do you change the transmitter
# in your pump??

+Quote Post
Linda B
post Feb 13 2010, 11:12 PM
Post #14

IPF Addict

Member No.: 30
My Pump: MM 530g with CGMS

QUOTE(joannmac @ Feb 13 2010, 05:54 PM) *
Hi John, so you have two transmitters, do you switch back and forth with them? if you do you , do you change the transmitter
# in your pump??

I'm not John, but I also have two transmitters. I alternate them, so each time I switch I have to change the transmitter in the pump.

I was surprised to find out that if I know I have a sensor that is fading but still useful, I can insert a new sensor, attach the second transmitter, and wear them both overnight. In the morning when I changed the transmitter number to the one on the new sensor, I was thrilled to find out that since the transmitter holds data I did not have the 2 hour start up wait. It asked for a meter BG right after I did the start new sensor.

Linda B.

--------------------
Linda
Forum Moderator
Pumping with Minimed since 1995
Paradigm 530g w/ CGMS

+Quote Post
joannmac
post Feb 14 2010, 04:15 PM
Post #15

IPF Rookie

QUOTE(Linda B @ Feb 13 2010, 07:12 PM) *
I'm not John, but I also have two transmitters. I alternate them, so each time I switch I have to change the transmitter in the pump.

I was surprised to find out that if I know I have a sensor that is fading but still useful, I can insert a new sensor, attach the second transmitter, and wear them both overnight. In the morning when I changed the transmitter number to the one on the new sensor, I was thrilled to find out that since the transmitter holds data I did not have the 2 hour start up wait. It asked for a meter BG right after I did the start new sensor.

Linda B.

wow that is great !!!! now if they could just figure out how to make sensors that could be implanted , save on wear and tear on the skin.

+Quote Post
Denise3099
post Mar 2 2011, 09:35 PM
Post #16

IPF Rookie

Member No.: 2,669
My Pump: Minimed Paradigm 522

wow that is great !!!! now if they could just figure out how to make sensors that could be implanted , save on wear and tear on the skin.

What I really want is a couple of spots for transmitter id. At least one active and one not active so I can just highlight the one I want and press act without having to reenter it. Like you have mutlitple spots for using up to 3 meters or multiple basal rate patterns. I hate having to enter all those numbers and have stopped switching back and forth.

--------------------
Non-D Mom to:
DD, age 8, dx at age 4, pumping with pink mm since July 09, cgm since Feb 10. Also has peanut allergy and asthma.
DS, age 11, non-D, but also has peanut allergy and asthma. Ah well. . .

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 07:55 AM