IPB

Welcome to Insulin Pump Forums!

You are currently viewing this forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to many areas of the message board. By joining our free community you will become a part of a wonderful world filled with information and support for all pumpers, from people considering or just starting the pump to veterans who've been using them for years! And when you become a member, you can access all of the fantastic features available on this board, like: replying to posts and contributing your opinion in polls; uploading and viewing pictures and files; communicating with others via Private Messaging (PM); accessing the exclusive forums available only to members; contests and lots more!

Best of all, membership is free and joining takes only a few minutes! And as an added bonus, this introduction message will go away when you view the forums as a member! So c'mon, stop lurking and become a member of the friendliest pump support forum on the web!

Join the Insulin Pump Forums Today!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New problem with my 723: Code A21, Reset on battery change
tedm
post Feb 16 2011, 05:41 PM
Post #1

Insulin Juggler

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,014
My Pump: t:slim & Dexcom G4

My 723 has developed a irritating little problem: every time (at least the last 3 times) I change the battery, it gives me a code A21 "Pump reset, settings saved". I then have to wait while it goes through a self test then I have to reset the date & time and then rewind and reprime (what is this, a stupid Ping? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/Tomato.gif) ).

It first happened about 45 days ago. I called MM at the time and the agent said that I probably removed the battery at just the wrong time. OK. Today, I changed the battery and it happened again. I reset everything and then said to myself "I wonder...". I removed and replaced the new battery and it happened again. I called MM and they are sending me a replacement pump.

By the way, all of my settings were preserved (except my vibrate alarm which I had to set) along with all of my using statistics. Just date & time and plunger position were lost each time.

I am curious, anyone else ever had this problem? I did a search here for "A21" and nothing came up.

/Ted
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Peter B
post Feb 16 2011, 07:04 PM
Post #2

IPF Regular

Member No.: 2,833
My Pump: 530 w/ Enlite

QUOTE(tedm @ Feb 16 2011, 12:41 PM) *
My 723 has developed a irritating little problem: every time (at least the last 3 times) I change the battery, it gives me a code A21 "Pump reset, settings saved". I then have to wait while it goes through a self test then I have to reset the date & time and then rewind and reprime (what is this, a stupid Ping? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/Tomato.gif) ).

It first happened about 45 days ago. I called MM at the time and the agent said that I probably removed the battery at just the wrong time. OK. Today, I changed the battery and it happened again. I reset everything and then said to myself "I wonder...". I removed and replaced the new battery and it happened again. I called MM and they are sending me a replacement pump.

By the way, all of my settings were preserved (except my vibrate alarm which I had to set) along with all of my using statistics. Just date & time and plunger position were lost each time.

I am curious, anyone else ever had this problem? I did a search here for "A21" and nothing came up.

/Ted

tedm-
My only thought, and I would think MM would have already sugggested it, is the battery cap may be a problem. I have the 522 and was having a problem with the CGMS and MM sent me two new battery caps. That told me they knew they had a problem and several other IPF'ers have had the same problem. I think this was mainly with the 5 series pumps and not the 7 series.

Peter B

+Quote Post
tedm
post Feb 16 2011, 09:08 PM
Post #3

Insulin Juggler

Member No.: 1,014
My Pump: t:slim & Dexcom G4

QUOTE(Peter B @ Feb 16 2011, 11:04 AM) *
tedm-
My only thought, and I would think MM would have already sugggested it, is the battery cap may be a problem. I have the 522 and was having a problem with the CGMS and MM sent me two new battery caps. That told me they knew they had a problem and several other IPF'ers have had the same problem. I think this was mainly with the 5 series pumps and not the 7 series.

Peter B

Just to be clear: there was absolutely no problem while the battery was in the pump, only during changing the battery. Based on this, I don't think it could be the cap.

Thanks for the suggestion, anyway.

/Ted

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 02:54 PM