IPB

Welcome to Insulin Pump Forums!

You are currently viewing this forum as a Guest, which gives you limited access to many areas of the message board. By joining our free community you will become a part of a wonderful world filled with information and support for all pumpers, from people considering or just starting the pump to veterans who've been using them for years! And when you become a member, you can access all of the fantastic features available on this board, like: replying to posts and contributing your opinion in polls; uploading and viewing pictures and files; communicating with others via Private Messaging (PM); accessing the exclusive forums available only to members; contests and lots more!

Best of all, membership is free and joining takes only a few minutes! And as an added bonus, this introduction message will go away when you view the forums as a member! So c'mon, stop lurking and become a member of the friendliest pump support forum on the web!

Join the Insulin Pump Forums Today!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mail order supplies and insulin
AmyP
post Feb 14 2014, 03:33 PM
Post #1

IPF Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,220
My Pump: Tandem t:slim

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some mail order pharmacies that handle pump supplies and insulin. I used Express Scripts for years, but my insurance changed and after a HUGE hassle with them and my new pump I am no longer using them. Now the problem I'm having is finding a place that will handle both pump supplies and insulin. I'm trying to keep things simple and not have to use multiple pharmacies.

I am currently using a t:slim pump, so I need their reservoirs, but I am using the minimed infusion sets.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Linda B
post Feb 14 2014, 04:18 PM
Post #2

IPF Addict

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 30
My Pump: MM 530g with CGMS

You really need to check with your insurance. Most insurance companies have a limited number of providers that they work with.

Also, for many of us, insulin is provided under the prescription coverage while pump supplies are covered under Durable Medical Equipment. I get my supplies directly from MM and my insulin at the local Walgreens.

Linda B.

--------------------
Linda
Forum Moderator
Pumping with Minimed since 1995
Paradigm 530g w/ CGMS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2014 - 05:05 AM